The best time to visit Jaisalmer would be relative to your budget and what do you want to do. If you want the most from your Jaisalmer trip, it is suggested to understand the climate and seasonal changes in Jaisalmer. However, one of the most preferred time to plan a trip to Jaisalmer. The winter season generally falls between the month of November to March. During this season, you can experience pleasant weather conditions.
This article guides to what the season and climate are like throughout the year in Jaisalmer to help you better decide and plan your next Jaisalmer trip.
The climate in Jaisalmer-
Due to the proximity with the Thar Desert, you can observe extreme climatic conditions throughout the year in Jaisalmer. The summers in Jaisalmer are usually hot and dry during this particular season. It is recommended to wear cotton and loose-fitting clothes and carry enough water and fluids during your travel in Jaisalmer. The temperature fluctuates to 40-degree celsius, sometimes rising beyond. Due to extreme heat during the day, this season is generally not preferred by the visitors. The afternoons are quite hot for sightseeing in Jaisalmer. Make sure you carry enough sunscreen to avoid sunburn.
- For the travelers on a budget, this is the best time as you can avail discounts in the offseason in Jaisalmer.
- Book hotels at affordable prices in Jaisalmer.
- Less crowd makes sightseeing in Jaisalmer and tourist visits comfortable.
- You can save some extra cash for your shopping and other activities in Jaisalmer.
- The summer is very hot and humid, making travel during the day tiresome.
- Due to extreme climates, it can cause burns and dehydration.
September to October is the monsoon season in Jaisalmer. There is very little rainfall in some parts of Jaisalmer and some parts don’t experience rainfall at all. However, there is humidity during this time. Only some days have a little rainfall. The evenings are relatively cooler than in the summer. An average of 15 centimeters of rainfall is experienced.
- Ideal season, if you are looking for budgeted travel
- Some hotels may offer minimum discounts and packages
- You can visit places comfortably as it is not much crowded.
- The climate is moderately hot and humid.
- Few activities can be on hold due to rain.
The best time to visit Jaisalmer is during the winter season, which begins from November to February. The climate is soothing and ideal to enjoy all the activities including camel safari, dunes bashing, and more in Jaisalmer. The temperature throughout the day doesn’t go beyond 24-degree Celsius and reaches up to 7-8 degrees celsius during December and January.
Most of the tourists visit Jaisalmer during this season because of the climate and the infamous Desert festival in Jaisalmer. This is the peak season for tourism in Jaisalmer where everything in the city has a makeover.
- This season is ideal to experience all the outdoor activities including desert safari, parasailing, paragliding in Jaisalmer.
- You get to visit a lot of fairs and activities as there are a lot more tourists.
- The season is marked by camel races, cultural events, competitions in Jaisalmer.
- The best of Jaisalmer tourism can be experienced only during these months.
- The hotel stays in Jaisalmer may get a bit expensive in this peak season.
- Advance planning is required if you want to visit Jaisalmer in the peak season. Impromptu visits may not suffice.
- The visits to monuments in Jaisalmer and events get a bit uncomfortable due to the crowd.
- You may miss out on certain places due to the crowded waiting queues for activities and rides.
Trip to Jaisalmer can be planned based on the experience you’d like to expect from the visit. Based on the factors mentioned above, you can plan your next trip to Jaisalmer.
From the magnificent historical palace and fort to local shops decorated with artifacts, Jaisalmer city tour never fails to awe the tourists. You can visit the narrow streets of Jaisalmer, with the sights of majestic havelis all over the city No matter what season you visit, it will be certainly a memorable experience.